I'm always busy cooking and trying out new recipes at home! I try to cook the family meal three times a week. My favourite recipes are Sweet and Sour Chicken Curry, and Smoked Haddock & Sweet Potato fish cakes. I like to cook fish and especially enjoy it with Samphire.
I have a small business 'SuperCandyLicious' which I run at school fairs. I sell retro-style sweets and also have a chocolate fountain and candy floss machine which is really popular and which can be hired out with myself to run it. I had a bread maker for my birthday last year and enjoy making fresh bread for family and friends - I call it Flour Power!
Whenever I run a stall I donate a percentage of my profits to a local charity. Previous charities have included 'Moggies in Need' and the 1st Johnston Scout Group.
Cracking Good Recipes was my first Crowdfunding project. I raised £1250 for the Wallace and Gromit's Children's Charity by selling my recipe books. I managed to sell 150 of them. The book was full of all my seasonal recipes.
My second Crowdfunding project is called 'Food For Thought'. I raised 100% of the target amount to help get my second recipe book published. It is a book with international recipes from across the world and includes a 'food passport' with information about the countries and stickers. All money from sales of the book will go to Action Against Hunger. The book is now on sale priced £7.95 to include the food passport. You can order your copy here.
I have been attending lots of events, especially food festivals (my favourite!) to help sell my books. Here are some photographs from these events:
- Press Launch, Ed's Easy Diner, Cardiff.
- Book signing at Vincent Davies, Haverfordwest here I met pediatric dietitian Lotty Sykes who really loves my book.
- 'Haverfoodfest' in Pembrokeshire (I was interviewed on stage in front of hundreds of people!).
- Gower Food Festival, 28th & 29th May 2017.
- Festival of Hope, Carew, 24th June 2017 (interview with Herald Radio)
- Llangwm Literary Festival, Friday 11th and Saturday 12th August 2017
- Sea2Shore Food Festival, Aberystwyth, Sunday 13th August 2017
- Swansea Street Food Festival, Swansea, Sunday 20th August
- Narberth Food Festival, Narberth, Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September
I love to visit the BBC Good Food Show. I was so lucky to be able to watch chef Raymond Blanc in the Supertheatre kitchen and to meet him afterwards. He signed a copy of his book for me and I gave him a copy of my first book too! I am hoping to go to his cookery school very shortly.
I have done lots of fundraising since I was very young including a 5 mile bike ride when I was 4 years old, holding a tea party, making reindeer food, running a lemonade stand, and holding a bake sale.
In 2015 I ran a pop-up Lemon Cafe in my local village hall during the summer holidays to raise money for WaterAid. It was a lot of work but I really enjoyed it and would like to do it again some time.